Barry Callebaut at a glance
We are present in one out of four of all chocolate and cocoa products consumed around the world.
Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, the Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa. We are the heart and engine of the chocolate industry and our mission is to be number one in all attractive customer segments. We are a business-to-business company, fully vertically integrated with a strong position in cocoa-origin countries.
- Employs more than 11,500 people operating out of more than 30 countries
- Operates about 60 production facilities
- Generated annual sales of about CHF 6.9 billion (EUR 6.0 billion / USD 7.1 billion) in fiscal year 2017/18
- Has comprehensive competencies in the art of making chocolate and cocoa products – from sourcing and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds.
- Serves the entire food industry, from global and local food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants or caterers.
We are shaping the world of chocolate and cocoa!
We are present in all stages of the industrial chocolate value chain
The Barry Callebaut Group is mastering every step in the value chain from the sourcing of raw materials to the production of the finest chocolates.
As we do not own any cocoa plantations, we source our most important raw material, the cocoa bean, directly through well-established presences in cocoa origin countries from cooperatives, intermediaries and government bodies.
Forever Chocolate: Making sustainable chocolate the norm
The Barry Callebaut Group is committed to make sustainable chocolate the norm by 2025 to help ensure future supplies of cocoa and improve farmer livelihoods. We support the Cocoa Horizons Foundation in its goal to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future.