Cotecna Inspection at a glance
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. We offer solutions to facilitate trade and make supply chains safer and more efficient for our clients. Our trusted network of professionals and certified laboratories provide expertise across four key sectors: agriculture & food, government & trade, minerals & metals, and general cargo. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player.
Cotecna Key facts and figures
- 40+ years of experience
- 100+ offices and laboratories
- 50+ countries worldwide
- 3500+ employees
- Over 200M in revenues in 2018
- ISO 9001-2015 certified
- Members of the Federation of Cocoa Commerce (FCC) (Headquarters, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and China)
- Accredited as “FCC superintendent member” in China and Malaysia
Our tailor-made services help the cocoa industry participants assess the quality, quantity and integrity of their products.
The cocoa industry is built upon the principles of integrity, safety and sustainability; close monitoring of each is paramount to business compliance. The solution for businesses lies in inspections and the ability to react swiftly across the entire supply chain.
Through our network of laboratories and operational units, we can cover inspection and testing needs at selected cocoa beans’ origins and final destinations.
Our customised services thus help the cocoa industry participants comply with contractual obligations.
At every step of the production, trade and transformation process and in accordance with the industry standards and as per clients’ requirements, our qualified inspectors can perform:
- Sampling of cocoa beans from warehouse or containers
- Physical testing, including:
- Cocoa beans grading (in Malaysia, our graders are approved by the Malaysia Cocoa Board)
- Cocoa Related Matter (CRM)
- Foreign matter
- Bean count
- Cutting test
- Sensory contamination detection
- Chemical analyses, including:
- Filth test
- Quality factors (e.g. caffeine, fats)
- Vitamins & minerals
- Tallying and weighing supervision
- Loading & discharge supervision
- Containers, packing, dunnage and cargo condition verification
Backed by our experience, we also provide bespoke technical solutions to assist recognised cocoa traders and buyers internationally.
Each service is designed to reduce a business’s exposure to risk and ensure greater transparency by extension.
Our people are backed by a global network of laboratories and internationally recognised accreditations and certifications of the very highest standards. We aim to achieve excellence and thereby provide our clients with the confidence they need to succeed.